Scientific Expedition Group Inc.
We are a non-profit organisation which aims to
- Promote and run expeditions of a scientific, cultural and adventurous nature.
- Encourage knowledge and appreciation of the natural environment.
- Promote the values and philosophies of wilderness to develop skills required for competent field work
- Develop interpersonal skills by living and working towards a common goal.
Journal of the Scientific Expedition Group
In the current edition, there is plenty of interest, including:
- Recovery of the Endangered Eastern Osprey Across Yorke and Eyre Peninsulas – Part 2 – Ian Falkenberg
- Bakara in Winter – John Love
- Danggali Conservation Park and Wilderness Protection Area Malleefowl Mound LIDAR Ground Truthing Project – Sarah Telfer
- Gammons Pluvio Management Trip July 2022 – Graham Blair
- Fungi Fun – Alun Thomas
- Meet Our New Patron – Alun Thomas
- Vale Brian Blaylock – Helen Owens
- Witchelina Expedition 2022
- SEG Annual General Meeting
A Bit of a Writer?
If you have been on any SEG activity lately or have been a past member thinking about returning to the fold, perhaps you would like to write about your experience. This might have been taking part in an Expedition or one of our on going projects. Alun Thomas our SEGments Editor would love to hear from you.
Spot any Problems
If you find a problem with our website, please contact Michelle Trethewey and I will endeavour to fix it as soon as possible.
SEG has accumulated a considerable amount on equipment to enable it to carry out surveys in remote regions of the state. This includes the truck and canopy, the food trailer and cage trailer as well as a considerable amount of tents, camping and cooking equipment.
We are looking for somewhere secure to store this equipment, or if a suitable shed is not available, then a piece of land upon which a shed can be erected. As the truck and canopy are quite high a high clearance door to a shed is necessary. If you have some suggestions and possibilities please contact Trent Porter.