Scientific Expedition Group Inc.
We are a non-profit organisation which aims to
- Promote and run expeditions of a scientific, cultural and adventurous nature.
- Encourage knowledge and appreciation of the natural environment.
- Promote the values and philosophies of wilderness to develop skills required for competent field work
- Develop interpersonal skills by living and working towards a common goal.
Journal of the Scientific Expedition Group
In the current edition, there is plenty of interest, including:
- After the Bushfires – Good News for the Kangaroo Island Glossy Black-Cockatoo – Michael Barth, Tony Robinson and Helen Johnson
- Vulkathunha-Gammon Ranges Data Recovery Trip – Spring 2020 – Garry Trethewey and Chris Wright
- SEG at Science Alive! – Helen Johnson
- Minnawarra Biodiversity Survey – Spring 2020 – Janet Furler
- SEG Malleefowl Survey 2020 – Bakara Conservation Park – Trent Porter
- SEG Member Graham Medlin Honoured as South Australia’s Unsung Hero of Science
- Vale Gina Breen
- Vale Marie Senn
A Bit of a Writer?
If you have been on any SEG activity lately or have been a past member thinking about returning to the fold, perhaps you would like to write about your experience. This might have been taking part in an Expedition or one of our on going projects. Helen Johnson our SEGments Editor would love to hear from you.
Spot any Problems
If you find a problem with our website, please contact Michelle Trethewey and I will endeavour to fix it as soon as possible.
SEG has accumulated a considerable amount on equipment to enable it to carry out surveys in remote regions of the state. This includes the truck and canopy, the food trailer and cage trailer as well as a considerable amount of tents, camping and cooking equipment.
We are looking for somewhere secure to store this equipment or if a suitable shed is not available the a piece of land upon which a shed and be erected. As the truck and canopy are quite high a high clearance door to a shed is necessary. If you have some suggestions and possibilities please contact Trent Porter or Stuart Pillman.